The goal of this program is to create our Framework of Culturally Responsive Instructional Practices from the on-going efforts and sharing from teachers accepted into this fellowship. Teachers in this fellowship engage in a book study, critical race and equity conversations, and share skills, mindset, and knowledge to create our Framework of Culturally Responsive Instructional Practices. All teachers were encouraged to apply and those chosen were recommended by their teaching peers and a school ILT member.
- Participate in a hybrid book study
- Gain self-efficacy in culturally responsive pedagogy and mindset
- Learn how one’s culture influences how the brain processes data and influences a student’s learning
- Receive coaching around culturally responsive practices
- Share culturally responsive instructional practices that you practice in your classroom
- Build community with educators across the district focused on CRE and best first instruction
- As a cohort, create the DPS framework for culturally responsive teaching
Participants commit to:
- A Fellowship Retreat July 25 and 26th in the summer of 2018
- Two hours per month during the school year for virtual and in-person sessions for an approximate total of 35 out-of-school hours.
- 4 Virtual Webinars/Online Community Sessions: September 2017, October 2017, January 2018, March 2018*
- December Mid-Year Gathering: December 2017*
- 4 In-person Sessions: November, February and April*
- Final Event & Celebration: May 2019
*Dates will be determined once participants are selected and can choose the best dates for them.
The Application Process is Closed.
||Two days in July or August*
||Community building, setting goals, inspiration/motivation and connectedness to ensure a strong start (and the ability to connect virtually)
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 1
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 2
|In-person Experience/Activity 1
|In-person Mid-year Celebration
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 3
|In-person Experience/Activity 2
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 4
|In-person Experience/Activity 3
* Dates will be selected via Doodle Poll of Accepted Participants availability
Time Commitment/Stipend Information
Participants will receive a $1,000 stipend based upon full participation.
CRT Fellowship = 35 hours (out-of-school hours)
Professional Learning Team: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions.