Applications are now being accepted for the Culturally Responsive Teacher Fellowship Program and Year Two of the Opportunity Gap Cohort. This fellowship is focused on providing teachers with exceptional tools, resources, and opportunities. The goal of this program is to create our Framework of Culturally Responsive Instructional Practices from the on-going efforts and sharing from teachers accepted into this fellowship.
Interested in developing and sharing your culturally responsive teaching practice?
Interested educators should apply and obtain a recommendation from an ILT member and a teacher colleague. Teachers in this fellowship will engage in a book study, critical race and equity conversations, and share skills, mindset, and knowledge to create our Framework of Culturally Responsive Instructional Practices.
Culturally Responsive Teaching Fellowship: Any teacher in the district is eligible to apply. Those interested in applying will be asked to submit a brief recommendation from one school ILT member and one teacher colleague. Click here to apply!
Opportunity Gap Cohort Year Two: ILT members will nominate teachers at their schools. Those nominated will have the opportunity to apply. Click here to nominate someone!
- Participate in a hybrid book study
- Gain self-efficacy in culturally responsive pedagogy and mindset
- Learn how one’s culture influences how the brain processes data and influences a student’s learning
- Receive coaching around culturally responsive practices
- Share culturally responsive instructional practices that you practice in your classroom
- Build community with educators across the district focused on CRE and best first instruction
- As a cohort, create the DPS framework for culturally responsive teaching
Culturally Responsive Teaching Fellowship: Any teacher in the district is eligible to apply for this fellowship. Those interested in applying will be asked to submit the name of one ILT member and one fellow teacher: who will each complete the nomination form.
Participants will need to commit to:
- Three-hour kick-off session
- Two days* in the summer for a fellowship retreat.
- Two hours per month during the school year for virtual and in-person sessions for an approximate total of 35 out-of-school hours.
- 4 Virtual Webinars/Online Community Sessions: September 2017; October 2017; January 2018; March 2018*
- December Mid-Year Gathering: December 2017*
- 4 In-person Sessions: November; February; April*
- Final Event & Celebration: May 2019
*Dates will be determined once participants are selected and can choose the best dates for them.
||Two days in July or August*
||Community building, setting goals, inspiration/motivation and connectedness to ensure a strong start (and the ability to connect virtually)
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 1
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 2
|In-person Experience/Activity 1
|In-person Mid-year Celebration
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 3
|In-person Experience/Activity 2
|Fellowship Virtual Meetup 4
|In-person Experience/Activity 3
* Dates will be selected via Doodle Poll of Accepted Participants availability
Time Commitment/Stipend Information
Participants will receive a $1,000 stipend based upon full participation.
CRT Fellowship = 35 hours (out-of-school hours)
Professional Learning Team: email@example.com for more information or questions.