What: In partnership with Curriculum & Instruction and Learning Forward, the Professional Learning Team would like to invite math teams who have an interest in learning more about how to implement equity-based practices in mathematics to participate in a year-long, job-embedded Community of Practice.
Intended Audience for Community of Practice Participants: 8th, 9th, or 10th-grade math teams who are interested in exploring the equity-based practices in mathematics to meet 2017-18 DSE goals and have the support of a secondary school’s Instructional Leadership Team (ILT) member and associated academic partner.
Minimal Requirements for Community of Practice Teams:
- Schedule twice-a-month data-driven planning meetings from mid-November to end of April based upon each school’s current structure to review student data; these can be part of your routine practice.
- Collectively focus on understanding equity-based practices and generate ideas for change within mathematics courses.
- Anchor practice improvement in disciplined inquiry by engaging in rapid cycles of PDSA cycles to learn fast and improve quickly.
January 2018 – April 2018
- Select a date and time for a 90-minute PD session on Equity-based Practices in Mathematics.
- Select a date and time for a 90-minute session to learn how to measure continuous improvement through Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) cycles.
- Teacher stipends for extra-duty time will be included.
To learn more contact the Professional Learning Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.